Tuesday 18 August 2015

I'm not going to quit trying to be healthy

I've been away for a little while...

This last week has been pretty crazy. I finished my month of garden leave and yesterday was the first day of my new job - I now work in London... in 'the City' and going from a 10 minute commute to a 1.5 hour commute on trains and tubes is.. interesting. The last week of my garden leave, I ate and ate and ate... I just went a bit crazy, I guess...

Now I'm back in a routine, I don't want to stop trying to be healthy and need to accept responsibility for putting rubbish in my mouth. The scales probably show a horrific figure, but I'll step on them in my own time - at the moment, I'm going to take each day as it comes and as I'm not seeing friends / family each day, nor staying at home doing whatever I want, it will be easier to plan things.

So.. what did I eat yesterday? Well, as I can't really have porridge for breakfast any more, I grabbed a banana and a mini malt loaf as I could fit both in my handbag. That was kinda it until 5pm! Due to all the inductions and stuff, I just didn't get a chance for lunch and felt really, really faint. I did manage to grab a couple of cups of tea and a bottle of water, but I had a really bad headache when I left work. 

My Boyfriend has been just.. fantastic. As well as getting me a lovely good luck card, he dropped me off and picked me up from the station and cooked for me last night. What did I have? It was lovely - Pan fried cod with rainbow chard (it seems like it's spinach in disguise!), samphire and cabbage. No real carbs and quite light - I loved it, 

Looking back at my last month, I've eaten a lot of stuff.... I don't regret it per se, but now I'm sat here, on my sofa.. I'd love to be in baggy size 16 jeans instead of rather snug ones. But hey, that's life and how can I change that? By changing my eating today.. and tomorrow.. and the next day. I've got just under 1 month until I fly to Mexico and I'd like to eat healthy right up until I leave. I don't know how I'll feel when I'm in Mexico, but I won't think about that now.. I'll just focus on each day as it comes :-)

Today I'm working from home, I think this is one of the great things about this new job - I should be able to work from home 2 days a week (fingers crossed), so I *should* be able to have a good work / life balance and hopefully wear those size 14 jeans for Christmas like I want to.... :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment