Monday 27 July 2015

Let's make the next 3 weeks count

3 weeks today, it will be the first day of my new job

This also means that it will be 3 weeks until I wear a suit - Something I've not done for a while (I didn't even do it when I had the interview for this job!). As my lovely friend was kind enough to donate a number of suits to me yesterday, I'd really prefer to wear them, rather than having to buy a lot of new things - especially if I'm looking to lose more weight in the next few months, which I am. 

However - some of the suit trousers are pretty tight and the jackets are also tight... I could wear them, but they'd be rather uncomfortable. I don't know if I change that within 3 weeks, but I guess you never know unless you try? At any rate.. losing half a stone would hopefully take off the additional weight I've gained within the last week or so by eating crap and get me right back onto it. I don't know how much I've put on, I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter - what matters is I start eating healthily again and look at the long term goals.

Which is exactly what I've been doing today! I didn't know how I'd feel when I woke up, however I woke up feeling like an adventure and that I really wanted to get back to my healthy eating. I was planning on driving to Leeds Castle, however after 1.5 hours of driving on the M25, my Sat Nav was showing quite a few queues towards the Castle, so I decided I'd head towards Canterbury and visit the Cathedral - something I'd never done before. 

Another thing I've not done for a while is not eat breakfast. However I woke up and genuinely just didn't feel hungry. I think after the weekend of Pizza and chips and crap, I just wanted a bit of a rest from eating... so I actually managed to make it to Canterbury before my stomach even started rumbling. I parked in a really small car park quite easily and managed to navigate to the centre without too much trouble. Not bad considering I get really anxious about driving places I've never driven before :-)

Even though it was midday, I still wasn't overly hungry so I decided to go carb-light for once and get some food from Marks and Spencers that I could easily eat. BBQ chicken, eggs and a few leaves of spinach. I felt quite full afterwards! I grabbed a cup of tea from a nearby Cafe and headed to the Cathedral which was beautiful. It cost £10.50 to go inside and I spent a good 1.5 hours in there, going into the crypt, exploring the stained glass exhibition... I love Churches and Cathedrals at the best of times but Canterbury Cathedral was stunning. I felt really relaxed walking around and the fact I've got another 3 weeks before I go to work is just... brilliant. 



After the Cathedral, I spent an hour wandering around the shops and decided I'd go on a boat ride - despite being on my own, it didn't feel weird at all and I spoke to the bloke who was rowing everyone around about the fact he used to be an I.T. Recruiter and shared war stories :-) 

I loved Canterbury and did a lot of walking - even the drive home wasn't too traumatic as despite it being rush hour, there wasn't many slow downs or problems on any of the motorways. I'm now back, having eaten a packet of ham hock from Marks and Spencers and am wondering what to do with the rest of my evening. I'm not hungry at all, but appreciate I've not eaten very much at all and I really don't want to start any fads.

I think I might go shopping tonight and buy some healthy things to eat for the next couple of days, however based on the fact I'm quite a few stone overweight and I'm not planning on continuing my low calorie / low carb eating, I'll have a bath and an early night. Tomorrow is the most exciting thing ever... Smear Test - URGH :-S





No comments:

Post a Comment