Friday 3 July 2015

Hello from Wales!

I think this week is the week of traffic jams

Breakfast: Oats so simple golden syrup porridge and 1/2 carton of raspberries
Lunch: 1 pita bread with 1/2 pot of houmous, a raw pepper and handful of tomatoes
Dinner: 1 pita bread, baked chicken breast, 1/2 bag of salad and a handful of tomatoes
Snack: Bakewell Tart nakd bar

On Tuesday my Mother and I took 2.5 hours to do a 50 minute journey when we went to Hampton Court and unfortunately it took me 3.5 hours to do a 2.5 hour journey to Wales due to bad traffic on the M4 :-( 

I am now in Wales! Staying with my lovely friend until Sunday morning and am just about off to bed - The day hasn't been too bad really. I had my porridge and raspberries this morning and worked from the office until midday. It's becoming harder and harder to muster up any motivation at all, now that I know I'm resigning on Monday, however I tried my best as I don't really want to doss around even considering how my Boss has treated me.

At lunch time I headed home and spent most of the afternoon answering emails with the TV on in the background. I got really excited at 3pm as al the offer and contract documentation for my new job came through - so that's it... I resign on Monday! I was still ever so slightly worried until I got that email - What if the company change their mind? What if the email never comes? It's funny, as since I got a job offer, lots of other really, really good companies have responded to me sending them my CV.... It's nice to know that other places liked it as well, even if they're a bit too late - it gives me more confidence that I'm not that useless :-)

As I knew I'd be seeing my friend tonight, I planned what I'd eat for dinner and kept it really simple - I baked a chicken breast in BBQ sauce and toasted a pita bread, wrapped them and some salad up in tin foil and plonked it in my bag. I'm glad I did, as by the time I got to my friends house I was really, really hungry so having dinner ready to eat was a Godsend.

I've spent the last 3 hours chatting to my friend and I still don't think we're totally caught up on stuff. The most 'OMG' story was the one she told me about her friend, 'Lisa' - My friend announced she was pregnant and Lisa (who has no boyfriend) apparently said that she was thinking about getting pregnant as well - she found 3 men on a swingers website and slept with them all within one week. She then discovered she was pregnant.... no idea which one the Father was. She contacted all 3 men and 2 said they had had vasectomies (whether that's true or not, who knows?) the third guy turns out to be a good friend of her Fathers and she apparently doesn't even like him.

This Guy has apparently blocked her on Facebook (she's 35 by the way, in case you thought she was a teenager) and she's now complaining that he doesn't want anything to do with the baby.... It's... Yeah, just completely, Wow...

My friend only moved to her house in December, so she's still in the process of decorating, however the room I'm staying in is lovely. She knows I love peacocks, so she called it 'Imogens room' and whilst we have different taste in some places, I do think she's got good ideas about things.

I'd write more, but I'm knackered. Suffice to say, the healthy eating has gone well today and my friend said she's absolutely fine to go to a restaurant tomorrow that has healthy choices so that should be awesome. I think we're shopping tomorrow and then heading off to the beach, so I imagine more gossiping will be done :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment