Thursday 21 May 2015

'Take care of yourself'

People are always saying 'You should take care of yourself' but what does it actually mean?

As much as I'd like to live in a forest or near a beach, doing yoga once a day and eating nothing but healthy food, my lifestyle wouldn't accommodate that and to be perfectly honest, neither would my bank balance. I do think that I've been guilty of neglecting myself however, sometimes due to commitments to friends and family and sometimes because it's 'easier' to neglect myself and ignore the fact that I'm not respecting my body or even my mind.



The more I'm trying to change my lifestyle and mindset and not do another 'diet', the more I'm realising that it's going to fail if I don't focus on me sometimes and actually do what I want to do. 

I'm such a busy person - Work during the day, see my boyfriend, my friends, my family after work. There are very few nights when I'm on my own and even fewer days at the weekend. Sometimes it feels as if the world is getting on top of me and it's times like these when I feel really stressed and turn to food as a comfort. 

So today, I'm going to the Spa - It's something I do a few times a year, however even then I've been known to bring my boyfriend or a friend so it's not been a total 'me' time. It's lovely spending time with people, but I think I need to be a bit more disciplined about not spending time with people and thinking about what's best for me. 

Due to work being so crazy, I think it will do me good to take a step back and actually think about things - It sounds stupid as we think all the time, right? However actually think about stuff - Where I want to go, how I want to handle things and also, how I'm feeling about my healthy eating and reaffirm why I'm doing this - and be happy with the fact I'm not losing loads of weight per week, but it's coming off slowly.

Do you take care of yourself?

Do you actually do things for you, as opposed to others?

What does that look like? If there was noone else in the world right now.. what would you choose to do?





No comments:

Post a Comment