Friday 15 May 2015

Certain Quorn products aren't revolting

Some Quorn products actually seem to taste nicer than meat

I'm a meat eater - I've been able to 'go vegetarian' for months at a time to try new recipes and I don't mind at all as I like vegetables, however I always go back to meat. About 10 years ago, I thought all the 'non-meat' products were disgusting - the sausages tasted bland and had the texture of sawdust and tofu was just a rubbery, squidgy 'thing' that you could use to bulk up stir-frys.

However, I decided to try some of the newer Quorn products and some of them are absolutely gorgeous. I have to say, I still think the sausages have a way to go and I don't really like them, however the Quorn 'Mozzarella and Pesto' fillets are lovely and I've eaten them on many occasions. As they can be stuck in the freezer and only take 20 minutes in the oven, I decided to eat one of those tonight, with some of the lovely fresh vegetables I got in my Friday delivery from Riverford.


Yum, yum, yum - I got lovely fresh spinach, carrots and some potatoes which I peeled and made 'Home made chips'. It was lovely and I really made sure I tasted my food, as opposed to just eating it really fast. 

I always like something sweet at about 9:30pm - I don't know why, I just do. I've been really trying to keep my cravings in check, so bought 3 of these 'NAKD bars' from Tescos as they were doing a '3 for 2' offer. They're Vegan and come in really nice flavours

I think tonight I'll try the Rhubarb and Custard one!

So todays' food has been:

B - Porridge
L - M&S Turkey, Pastrami and Emmental wrap and Honey BBQ wholegrain snacks
D - Quorn Mozzarella and Pesto escalope with fresh veg

Snack - One of the lovely bars on the left.

I'm quite happy with that - Roll on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment