Wednesday 13 May 2015

Weather makes a lot of difference

I'm not overly keen on UK Weather normally

We might have some good things going for us, like, funny pudding names such as 'Spotted Dick' and amazing TV shows such as 'Sherlock' and 'Geordie Shore', however the weather isn't overly amazing and even in Summer, you can never tell if it's going to rain, be cold or be glorious sunshine.

Today seems to be sunny - REALLY Sunny without many clouds in sight. 

I love the weather when it's like this - It makes me so happy and makes me think that there's so much more to life than my job and the stress that's currently happening. It also lightens my mood to think about my friends and family and the fact that I'm not the only one going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment. 

I have a tendency to send random postcards to my friends and family - nothing major, but a nice poem, some random words if they're going through a tough time or maybe have done something really positive recently, just to let them know I'm thinking of them. I bought some postcards yesterday and sent them to 3 of my friends - 1 has just got a new job, 1 is going through a divorce at the moment and 1 is feeling down over her appearance, so I thought I'd send them some postcards today and I'm hoping it will make them smile :-)

Work hasn't been too bad so far (considering it's the middle of the day) and for lunch I went to Marks and Spencers and grabbed something there - However, it's still healthy and still really, really tasty. My friend / colleague suggested we go to the park and sit in the sun on her picnic blanket, it was amazing!

We chatted for an hour about random things and listened to the birds chirping - Sadly the hour was up far too soon, but it was nice to get out of the office and even nicer to have some headspace for other things, other than worry and stress - I really think I need to learn how to meditate - I tried it once, but haven't tried it again and I do wonder if it would help at the moment.

Tonight I'm seeing my friend who had the gastric bypass in December. She's done amazingly well but is feeling a bit down at the moment due to some of the side effects including hair loss - I'm going to try my best to cheer her up. I know some people don't agree in weight loss surgery, however the way the NHS seems to have treated my friend has been amazing, and she's been very, very strict about what she's eaten and has lost a lot of weight. I don't think it's the right path for me, but I don't think it's right to judge her. 

God, the weather is so nice today! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment